Arts Mid-Hudson seeks poetry and visual art submissions for inclusion in the upcoming exhibition, Poets Respond to Art, which will be on view at Arts Mid-Hudson’s gallery March 27 – April 26, 2020. Selected visual art submissions will be compiled, and made available to the selected poets; poets will then choose one of the art pieces to respond to through their work. The poems and artwork will be displayed together in the final exhibit.
Eligibility: Artists and Poets must primarily reside in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Columbia, Greene, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, or Westchester Counties in New York State.
Deadline: January 29, 2020
Notification of acceptance: February 14, 2020
Artwork made available to poets: February 14, 2020
Poems due to Arts Mid-Hudson by email: March 17, 2020
Drop off for visual artists: March 23, 2020
Opening Reception: March 27, 2020
Closing Art Brunch: April 26, 2020
Details for poets:
- Poets may submit up to three poems as a sample of their work. These individual poems will not be included in the show because the poet will be asked to write a new poem responding to artwork they select.
- Poems must fit on one 8 1/2 x 11 page at 12 pt font
- Poems must be suitable to be hung in a public gallery at the discretion of the selection committee and Arts Mid-Hudson.
Details for visual artists:
- Artists may submit up to three art pieces for consideration. If selected, these pieces must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artworks may not exceed 17 inches in width.
- All visual artistic mediums are eligible, 2-D and 3-D (sculpture).
- There is no specific theme or prompt for visual artists. The selection committee will seek a variety of work to inspire participating poets.
- If works are wall hung they must have wires securely fastened on the back.
- Work must be suitable for the gallery at the discretion of the selection committee and Arts Mid-Hudson.
- All submissions will be accepted using this online form.
- Arts Mid- Hudson will take every caution with the artwork, however, artists must provide insurance if desired.
- Arts Mid-Hudson receives a 25% commission on sale of artworks
Questions? Please contact Lilia Pérez, Grants and Programs Manager:
Phone: (845) 454-3222 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org