Arts Mid-Hudson (AMH), in partnership with Millbrook Vineyards & Winery, will once again curate an art exhibit in the loft space above the Winery’s main building. This project, known as Art in the Loft, is a good opportunity for members of Arts Mid-Hudson to display and sell their work. Artworks selected for the Art in the Loft exhibit will be entered into the popular Wine Label Competition. In 2018 nearly 3,000 visitors to the winery cast their vote for the artwork they thought would make the best wine label. The winner will be announced at a culminating event in early November, and the art with the most votes will be featured on bottles sold at the Winery.
We invite all AMH member artists to submit work to be juried for inclusion in Art in the Loft. There is no entry fee; however, you must be an AMH member. You can become a member by going to www.artsmidhudson.org/become-a-member
Contact Arts Mid-Hudson to confirm your membership status – (845) 454-3222 or email@example.com
- Artists may submit up to five digital images of artwork for consideration
- Artwork must be able to hang on the wall and may not exceed 38”
- Work must be for sale
- Work must be suitable for exhibition and wine label (as determined by jury)
- Winners of the wine label competition for the past five years are ineligible to enter (2014 – 2018).
- Artists are responsible for delivering artwork to Millbrook Vineyards & Winery
- Arts Mid-Hudson and the Millbrook Winery will take every caution with the artwork, however, artists must provide their own insurance if desired. Please note that the space is not climate controlled
- AMH commission on work sold as a result of the exhibition will be 25% - visitors to the exhibit can purchase work through the Winery.
- Friday, April 26, 2019 Artist notification of acceptance
- May 13-17, 2019, between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Dates for artists to deliver artwork to Millbrook Vineyards & Winery
- June 1, 2:00-4:00 p.m. Opening reception
- Early November Closing reception and Wine Label Competition winner announcement.
About Art in the Loft:
During the months of Mid-May through early November, Millbrook Vineyards & Winery has an average of 300-400 people per week through their tasting room. Art in the Loft is adjacent to the tasting room. People taking the winery tours, as well as other visitors, pass through the Art in the Loft gallery space, providing good exposure for artwork.
Arts Mid-Hudson and Millbrook Vineyards will promote the exhibition through press releases, social media, and printed announcements.
The space at Art in the Loft is a long hallway running down the center of the loft of the barn. The "loft" is 95 feet long, 10.5 feet wide and 6 feet high. (The ceiling is much higher.) The wall space is not continuous. Windows, which look down into the pressing room, are set into the wall every 9 feet or so, breaking the exhibition space into 14 sections with adjustable track lighting.
Tenth Annual Wine Label Competition:
Artworks selected for Art in the Loft exhibit will be featured for the popular Wine Label Competition. Visitors to the Winery will have the opportunity to vote for the art they think makes the best wine label - during 2018 nearly 3,000 visitors voted on their favorite artwork. The winner will be announced at a culminating event during early November, and the art with the most votes will be featured on bottles sold at the Winery. Millbrook Winery has the first option to purchase the winning art. A mixed case of wine with each artist’s label will also be available.